Role: Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Location: Boston, MA or Natick, MA
We are in need of a Senior Ruby on Rails developer to join our growing team. Our company is currently in a startup phase and focuses on building Web and Mobile apps for K-12 schools. The team this developer will be joining is located in Boston and different parts of the country. The ideal candidate would be able to manage the product backlog, be a primary contributor, and a mentor to junior developers. The role requires someone who is comfortable meeting with non-technical people to gather and create requirements for the product backlog. This individual must also be comfortable dealing with last minute problems that arise from having an active user base.
If you want to take on this role, here’s what you’ll need to have:
– A good grasp of software architecture and CS fundamentals
– A proven track record of working on web development
– 4-6 years of web development experience
– At least 2-3 years working with Ruby on Rails
– A love of all things web development
– Able to code HTML layouts from mockups created by our creative team
– Agile/SCRUM methodologies
– SQL and database design basics
– REST and Web service technologies and custom API’s
– GIT (and GIT best practices)
– Ability to work with remote developers.
– Ability to work in a self-directed and self-motivated manner.
Some other things that are a plus, but not required:
– Python, Project Management, PMP Cert, Backbone, MongoDB, Postgres, Cucumber, RSpec, Capistrano, Sinatra, Passenger, Capybara, ActiveRecord, CouchDB, Bundler, Rvm, Phonegap
– Generous Paid Vacation Time 🙂 (more than two weeks)
– Health Insurance
– Dental Insurance
– Stock Options
– Pick to work from the Boston or Natick Office (or both)
– Both the Boston and Natick offices are walking distance from the T or commuter rail.
– T and commuter rail passes are paid by us
– Work from home days
– Observance of all legal holidays plus several we thought should have been included
– Although we have some tight deadlines, we work in a laid-back environment
– Pick the laptop platform of your choice
– You’ll also get to choose all the peripherals you need like monitors, mice, standing desks, etc…
– A stocked fridge with drinks, snacks and good coffee.
– Several lunches on us each month